They are ready if you answer YES to all these questions:
- Is your child interested in playing the piano?
- Can you afford to pay for a piano (from £1600 for digital, from £2600 for acoustic upright), adjustable bench (from £60) and metronome (from £20)?
- Can you commit 15 minutes or more to accompany your child with daily practice at home (until your child is 8 years old)?
- Can you commit to pay for weekly lesson that could cost from £26-£35 per hour, foot bills for books up to £30 a year and pay for examination (more than £50 a year)?
- Can you child read and recite ABCDEFG (the 7 letter names used in music)?
- Can you child count and do simple addition and subtraction (2+2=4, 4-1=3, etc)?
- Can your child write (related to fine motor skill required for piano playing)?
- Will your child be able to sit and focus for at least 45 minutes?